Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10/20/13

Today was a very busy day at the aquarium! It was their annual Seafair and the place was PACKED. But before seafair started, we did the usual feeding and cleaning of the animals. One of the volunteers doing a project on Rock Shrimp found parasites growing inside them so we watched him remove them. That was pretty cool, I like parasites. Then, sea fair started. I was stationed at the front so i worked between the kitchen and the thumb-buddy station. We had a lot of people come that day. Later on I met with my mentor and we once again discussed my research project. We decided that I would use a ten gallon tank, the long ones, and divide it into three different sections. Each section would have two olive rockfish in it. We also decided that we would have no gravel in the tank so that I could put a grid at the bottom to better measure their length by using a program called Image J. I'm almost done finding everything I need to write my proposal, so hopefully in a few weeks I'll have it ready and approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment