Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Monday, September 16, 2013

9/14/13

Although I usually go on Sundays, I had to go on a Saturday this time because I was busy Sunday. So it was almost like my very first day there again because I knew nobody there except for one person.... but anyways I did my usual morning feedings of the kelp bass, pipefish, tubesnouts, gobies, juvenile Garibaldi, red abalone and the jellyfish. Then I syphened the kelp bass, tubesnout, pipefish, gobie and juvenile Garibaldi tanks. I learned how to feed the zoo-plankton too later and that was sort of cool. I ran the 'kitchen' today which I had never done before and showed people samples of phytoplankton and zoo-plankton. I also ran into an old friend who was visiting with her family so that was nice seeing her again. Later in the day after the afternoon feeding was done, I was allowed to go look at the main exhibit. I spent most of the times watching the leopard sharks, swell sharks and rays. I saw my first swell shark swell up today. Four of them swelled up when a ray swam over them and that was really cool to watch. I also got my mentor today, Andres Carillo agreed to be mine so I'm super excited! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment