Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Monday, September 16, 2013

9/01/13

Today I did my usual morning feedings of the Jellyfish, kelp bass, pipefish, gobies, red abalone and the juvenile Garibaldi. I cleaned the tanks and wiped down the sneeze-guards, learned how to make 'greenwater' and how to fill the larvae buckets. I also did my interview today. I interviewed Andres Carillo, whom I am considering asking to be my mentor. The interview went very well and I learned a lot of new things. Then we worked a bit more on my swell shark project and filling out the paperwork. I also met with one of the aquarists there named Mako. He gave me information I needed about swell sharks, like how many times a week they're feed and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment