Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blog 11

1.   Where are you doing your mentorship?
The Aquatic Nursery at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium

2.   Who is your contact?
Andres Carillo

3.   How many total hours have you done (total hours should be reflected in your mentorship log located on the right hand side of your blog like your WB)?
I need to update my log, but I've done 112 hours

4.   Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
I did the extra hours of mentoring for mine. Most of it was dedicated to my Olive Rockfish project and working on my first answer. I learned how to make larval buckets, about the importance of brine shrimp, rotifers and algae and how to prepare food. I also learned different way to feed them. During my time I learned the importance of diet and how it can effect the growth of fish in their early development.

5.   Email your house teacher the name of your contact and their phone number confirming who they should call to verify it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment