Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Sunday, January 5, 2014

12/05/14

Today I didn't need to collect data so I only had to feed my Olive Rockfish. Oh my gosh I find them flipping adorable! All of them ate well today except for Sellwood who ate NOTHING and P-51 who did not eat 0.6 grams of his food. Then I got to feed some of the leftover smelt and squid to the rockshrimp and other rockfish we have. The juvenile rockfish, we have Splitnose and Flag, seemed more than happy to wolf it down. They're really cute. Anyways, then we needed to make a sign for the Splitnose and Flag so I tried my hand at that. The drawings came out okay but my hand writing is pretty bad so Nicole said she could write down all the information on it. Then I did some cleaning and P.M. feedings. Oh, and in the morning I did jelly lab and one of the covers on the Sea Nettle tank fell in.... but the people at the desk were really nice about it and called in one of the aquarists to fish out.

No comments:

Post a Comment