Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Saturday, November 2, 2013

10/27/13

Today I participated in the usual morning feedings and cleaning of the animals and tanks.Then, I helped Daisy rid the Two Spot Octopus tanks of the dead crabs and such. That was easier said than done. See, we can't really put our hands in  the tanks to pick it up because that really stresses out the octopus. So instead we use basters to 'suck up' the stuff. As you can hopefully imagine, it's hard to suck up a snail shell with a baster..... but we managed. It just took a lot longer than I thought it would. For the most part of the day it was normal. Later I met with both Andres and Nicole to discuss my project. Well, turns out they got rid of their Olive Rockfish so I will be using Kelp Bass instead. Lucky for me the aquatic nursery already has those.

No comments:

Post a Comment