Marine Life Captivity

What factors are most important to successfully raise marine life from birth/hatching in captivity?

Sunday, April 13, 2014

4/13

Today was a data collection day for my trial two of my Sebastes serranoides, Olive Rockfish, project. Unfortunately I will be out camping this upcoming Sunday so i had to prep the food for not only today and this Wednesday, but for next Sunday and Wednesday as well. Then I took out the plants in my rockfish tanks and replaced them with the grids. All but numbers 5,6&7 ate. I've been having problems with 5 for the last few weeks because he has not been eating and has been pretty stressed. I am very pleased to say that 8 is eating with a vigorous appetite, so much so that I am beginning to wonder if just 1 gram of smelt is enough for him. He's always hanging around when food's about. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, bleached three tanks and put five back into the tank shed.

Sebastes serranoides (Olive Rockfish)

No comments:

Post a Comment